St. johns art walk
Friday, September 8th | 6-9pm
North Portland, the “Peninsula”, and St. Johns in particular, is home to talented artists and a burgeoning art scene, and it’s time to celebrate the creative spirit of the neighborhood! The St. Johns ArtBurst is a weekend of art events. With these quarterly events, we hope to
1.) increase access to and appreciation of the arts; 2.) support and strengthen the artist community in St. Johns and North Portland; 3.) engage the St. Johns business community; 4.) celebrate the diverse cultural communities in North Portland and; 5.) build community by facilitating conversations and connections. If you're interested in getting involved to coordinate art events during these weekends, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
During Friday’s Art Walk, we will pair an artist with selected St. Johns businesses to serve as mini-galleries and we’re looking for artists! As a participant in our first event, you will be a trailblazer and we will look to you to provide feedback on what worked, what didn’t, and how we can keep improving!
Who we’re looking for:
Local artists (St. Johns/North Portland preferable, Portland generally)
Fill out the application here!
Email 3-5 artwork images to: email@example.com
Deadline July 14, 2017
Previous ARt WAlks Participating businesses along N. Lombard
- Alshiref Design & Print with Peter Peterson and Jeremy Hardie
- Art of STEM with Jeff Thompson
- Bridge City Kid with Chelsea Uniqorn & Katherine McDowell
- Comic Cave: Abstract artist and comic book colorist Lesley Atlansky with have some of her work on display, plus she'll have color sheets for kids to help her on her latest book, Kid Sherlock!
- The Great North with local photographers Nico Wachter, Zeb Andrews, and Bobby Abrahamason
- Metamorphic Boutique with SteelandStones
- RoM Shoes with Jessi Bostad
- Salty Teacup with Whimsy Chicks
- SOMA Kombucha with Noah Alexander
- Urbansphere with Lucas Servera & Brad McLemore