The Rosewood Initiative
16126 SE Stark St. Portland, OR 97233
There will be 130 spaces available. Do not leave a message. Those who do not make the list will have to wait to register for the next Legal Services Day. We cannot guarantee that you will get on the list for Legal Services Day and it should not be depended on if you have an upcoming court date or other matter.
To register please call our registration number starting at 9:00 a.m. on December 7, 2019
REGISTRATION NUMBER: 503-273-8236
Here are the steps!
*HOURS MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO PRE-REGISTRATION
STEP ONE: Call the Multnomah County
Courthouse at 503-988-6279 ext. 4 to find
out how much you owe. Ask about traffic
and parking tickets too.
Please do this BEFORE you come to Legal
If your license is suspended, call DMV and
ask what tickets are holding up your license.
STEP TWO: Do community service with a
nonprofit OR participate in treatment.
Complete one hour for every $100 that
you owe, up to 80 hours (all money is
waived after 80 hours). Hours need to be
completed before Legal Services Day.
STEP THREE: Ask the nonprofit you worked
for or your treatment provider for a letter on
letterhead with their contact information
that says how many hours you completed
and when. You will not be able to have
your fines waived without this!
STEP FOUR: Call and register for Legal
Services Day on the registration date listed
above. We will be answering calls as they
come in and you will need to talk to a person
to get on the list. You will need to be on the
list to come to Legal Services Day. Do not
leave a message.
STEP FIVE: Once you are registered then
bring your letter to Legal Services Day! A
judge will sign an order waiving your fines
and fees after verification of your hours.
STEP SIX: Fees can take at least one month
to be waived in the court system - please be
Legal Services Day does not waive the $75.00 fee to get your license reinstated. That is a DMV fee that we do not have authority to waive.
What Counts For Your Hours?
• Hours need to be completed within the last 6 months from the day of the Legal
Services Day you attend.
• Community service hours must be done for a nonprofit organization. We will not
accept hours done for an LLC or a for profit organization.
• We will accept alcohol, drug, or other addiction treatment, including AA/NA. If you
are engaging in AA/NA be prepared to speak with the judge about verification of
• If you complete group counseling, individual counseling, job counseling or
parenting classes please make sure your letter has contact information of your
• Hours cannot be verified by or be completed for a family member.
• Hours cannot be court ordered or part of your sentence. If you are engaging
in additional treatment or community service hours than what was required of
your sentence make sure that it is noted in your letter.
• Remember, we can only waive Multnomah County fines and fees. We
cannot get rid of restitution, compensatory fines, probation fees, or child support.
• Your judgement will be honored at Troutdale Municipal Court. Once you get your
judgement you will need to bring it into the court house at 219 E Historic
Columbia River Hwy, Troutdale, OR 97060 to get your fines there waived,
• If you believe we have missed a ticket at a prior Legal Services Day you can call
the Metropolitan Public Defender Community Law Division at 503-225-9100.