Block parties are small-scale events that close one to four blocks of a local service residential street for small scale gatherings, such as neighborhood potlucks or BBQs and Street Painting projects. After a successful 2017 pilot project,
- All Block Party permit are now FREE of charge! After the success of the Pilot Program in 2017, we are announcing that all Block Party permits are $0 citywide. If you are planning to hold a block party on your street, please apply for your free permit!
- The signature page is not required for standard Block Party permits, however, we ask that you notify those who would be affected by the street closure with a notification flyer. Feel free to use our notification flyer template or create your own flyer to outreach and invite your neighbors to join and participate in your block party.
- Permits are open to all Portland residents. Applicants can be renters or homeowners.
- The new Block Party application packet is posted! Please visit www.pbotblockparty.com to download it. The packet includes everything you'll need for your Block Party: 1. Application; 2. Notification flyer; and 3. Block Party Street Closure Traffic Control Plan. (It’s a new Block Party season, so please do not re-use past application materials for new permit requests.)
- We can accept your application in one of four ways: web/online application, send e-mail attachments, fax, or in person*.
*If you are dropping off your application in person, please go to the “Sixth+Main” Building at 1001 SW 5th Ave at the 5th Floor reception desk. (Formally known as the Congress Center building.)