Community Livability Grant Program Fiscal Year 18-19
Prosper Portland is seeking proposals from community-based organizations for projects that foster vibrant and healthy neighborhoods and improve the prosperity of area residents and businesses. Projects must be located within:
- Gateway Regional Center Urban Renewal Area (URA)
- Lents Town Center URA
- Interstate Corridor URA
- Central Eastside URA or
- Old Town/Chinatown neighborhood
Funds are available through the Community Livability Grant Program for permanent, real property improvements. Projects must add, expand, or improve physical space.
Priority will be given to projects that benefit communities of color or people with low incomes, and that promote widely shared prosperity. Such projects would, for example:
- Support wealth creation opportunities for small business owners
- Improve access to jobs and workforce development services
- Honor and enhance the neighborhood’s cultural diversity and history
- Deliver a community asset tailored to the community’s expressed priorities and opportunities
Application Open for Grant Proposals:
Tuesday, September 11, 2018
Prosper Portland will offer one-on-one assistance in September and October for applicants who want help with applications. To request an appointment please fill out the Application Assistance form on our website.
Proposal Due Date:
Friday, November 16, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Announcement of Approved Proposals:
In fiscal year 2018-2019, the following funds will be available:
Central Eastside URA $100,000
Gateway Regional Center URA $200,000
Interstate Corridor URA $500,000
Lents Town Center URA $250,000
Old Town / Chinatown Neighborhood $300,000
Typical grants range from $10,000 to $50,000; the maximum grant is $300,000. Grants are awarded through a competitive process.