Urban German Grill at Wursthaus located at Cathedral Park in historic St. Johns is seeking a line cook for 25-35 hours per week. We are serving, Sausages, Schnitzel, Spätzle and other German specialties. No German food experience needed but you must have the willingness to learn on your own time and bring in ideas. We are open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner. Our business hours are daily from 11am – 9pm. At weekends we are closing at 10pm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepares a variety of meats, sauces , noodles, vegetables and other food items for cooking in ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
• Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
• Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
• Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
• Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
• Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
• Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
• Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
• Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
• Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
• Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty
Qualifications: Work experience and kitchen procedures is a must.
Salary/Wage: $13 hour
Application Open Until: 11/14/2017
How to Apply: Please send your resume to David Gluth at firstname.lastname@example.org