Are you passionate about Portland's unique neighborhood business districts? If yes, Venture Portland wants you!
Venture Portland is looking for great candidates to fill 2-3 new positions:
Venture Portland's Business District Organizer must be passionate about Portland and its unique neighborhood business districts. The ideal candidate is a people-person; a natural networker; a customer service pro; data geek; successful multi-tasker and innovative team-player focused on getting the job done. The Organizer must be culturally sensitive, highly motivated, responsible and solutions-oriented with organizing experience. The position requires strong communication and organizational skills, excellent attention to detail, computer fluency, flexibility, creativity, a great sense of humor and commitment to Venture Portland’s mission and values. The Business District Organizer will spend at least 30% of work hours ‘on the street’ working with business owners in up to three (3) different business districts including:
- 82nd Avenue of Roses - Portland's geographic center is home to the City's most diverse mix of residents and businesses and hosts Around the World in 82 Dishes, an annual international food tour of the district.
Beaumont - NE Fremont St hosts some of Portland's most popular events including Fremont Fest, Holiday Fest, Dash to Doughnuts and the new Fremont Fright Fest.
- Division/Clinton - Made famous for it's award-winning restaurants, this rapidly developing district is home to a growing number of retailers and service businesses.
- Lloyd District - This dynamic transit and tourist hub houses the Convention Center, Portland's largest shopping center and 2,000 residents, a number that is expected to double by 2020.
- Midway - Located midway between the Columbia Gorge and Portland, this East Portland gem is home to nearly 750 businesses and Powell Butte Nature Park.
- Nob Hill - NW 23rd Avenue was named one of America’s Best Shopping Streets and this district also includes NW 21st Ave and the emerging Slabtown District.
Since 1986, Venture Portland has supported Portland’s 50 unique and thriving neighborhood business districts, which together contain 19,200 businesses (98% of which have five or fewer employees) and provide 267,000 jobs. Through grants, promotion and training and technical assistance, Venture Portland invests in the smart, strategic growth of these critical commercial corridors. Learn more at ventureportland.org/jobs
Submit a compelling cover letter outlining your passion for, and fit with, the position. Please also provide a complete chronological resume and the names and contact information for three references to email@example.com with “Business District Organizer” in the subject line no later than Wednesday, 12/13/17 at 5:00pm.