Hyland Hills Ace Hardware is hiring!
Position Available: Sales Associate
Company Description: Hyland Hills Ace Hardware in Beaverton is looking for team members. We strive to be "the most helpful hardware store on the planet" and we are looking for individuals that will help us achieve that goal. We invite highly motivated, team-focused individuals to apply for this position. Hyland Hills Ace Hardware will be opening in March 2017.
Key Responsibilities: Key Responsibilities
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Maintain a great attitude throughout the day with customers, peers and supervisors
- Merchandise product and maintain displays
- Inventory control
Qualifications: Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with hardware, tools, paint, plumbing, or electrical a MUST!
- Construction/Building/Contracting experience preferred
- Must possess a positive, upbeat, and professional demeanor
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize
- Strong problem solving skills
- High energy - self-motivated
- Must be available for weekends, week nights, holidays, flexible daily scheduling
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED, or related experience
- Retail or customer service experience preferred
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office and/or POS
- Hardware store experience preferred
- Ability to safely lift and handle a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand approximately 90% of the workday
- Ability to reach, bend, kneel, and climb to perform work related tasks throughout the day
Salary/Wage: Compensation dependent upon experience
Contact Name: Kim Johnson
Application Open Until: 4/30/2017
How to Apply: Please send resume to email@example.com
Any additional information:: Our new store is scheduled to open in March - but employment/training is available ASAP at our St Johns Ace location.