Scratch Meats is Looking for Help!
Scratch Meats is looking for a few new employees to join our team for 2017’s Spring and Summer farmers market season. We are a small artisanal sausage company operating out of North Portland. We are looking for consistent help on both Saturdays and Sundays starting as soon as May. They run through October or November. There is a possibility for added market shifts during the week or kitchen support. Shifts run between 3-6 hours depending on if you are market lead or support.
If you are looking for a part-time job, outdoors, in an engaging fun and positive atmosphere this could be the position for you.
• Meet at our production facility in North Portland, to load the truck for the market
• Drive to the market, unload and set up canopy, tables, cooler etc
• Set up small propane grill, cook and pass out samples
• Talk about our product, how its made, where the meat is sourced etc
• Manage till
• Breakdown tent etc, return market to production facility
• Clean stove and any dishes
• Return and tally inventory, sales etc
We’re looking for somebody who is:
• A people person- who is both friendly, approachable and likes talking to strangers!
• Is willing to actively engage with people who pass in front of our both for the entire market.
• Enjoys being in a social fast paced setting
• Has a genuine interest in learning about our product sources and talking about it
• Enjoys being outside in all weather, markets operate rain or shine
• Has sales experience and excellent customer service skills
• Valid Oregon food handlers card before first market
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs short distances-our coolers for load in and out are quite heavy
• Must have a drivers license and good driving record
• Ideally you have a vehicle to transport product to market (station wagon or truck), we will reimburse for gas
• Positive interpersonal skills
• Basic math skills
Compensation- $11-14 an hour- DOE and whether you are in lead or support role.
Other job perks:
• Cash bonuses based on sales
• Free sausage and or bartering opportunities with other vendors
If you are interested in this position, please write us a short cover letter or email expressing why this job interests you and why you believe you are a good fit.
Also attach your resume, along with three references. Also please let us know if you have a vehicle with space for coolers and market equipment.
You can email Jeff Garritano at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him 503-501-7833.