Commercial Account Manager at American Tire Distributors
The primary responsibility of the Commercial Account Manager is to develop and grow assigned accounts/territory and new accounts to achieve sales plan as required to support the strategic growth of the Company, achieve monthly and annual budget/plan as assigned by GM, RVP and the company, analyze and document assigned customer’s needs and create benefit solutions for account that will maximize the accounts’ success, develop and maintain existing customers by developing and implementing an annual sales and marketing plan, maximize sales opportunities through sales calls (primarily personal visits and some telephone calls), maintain a thorough knowledge of products (new and existing), policies and merchandising information to effectively serve dealers.
- Achieve monthly and annual budget/plan as assigned by Director of Sales, Region President and the company
- Analyze and document assigned customer’s needs and create benefit solutions for account that will maximize the accounts’ success
- Sell a variety of tires including but not limited to farm, agriculture, industrial, OTR, MTR and trailer
- Develop and maintain existing customers by developing and implementing an annual sales and marketing plan
- Maximize sales opportunities through sales calls (primarily personal visits and sometelephone calls)
- Develop corporate image and reputation and protect and develop the company brand.
- Identify, develop and grow new business to attain budget.
- Implement sales and marketing strategy as set forth by the company.
- To assist in development of all distribution channels deemed necessary for the continual growth of the company, including Car Dealers.
- Maintain administration and relevant reporting and planning systems.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of products (new and existing), policies and merchandising information to effectively serve dealers.
- Monitor and communicate competitive information including pricing, policies and marketing strategies and relate information back to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain a professional image including appearance/dress as well as a clean and organized vehicle.
- Attend local and regional trade events to gather market intelligence from customers, competitors and vendors.
- Accomplish sales and business plan execution
- Customer retention
- New business development
Key Partners (Positions):
- General Managers and Directors of Business Development, Regional Vice Presidents and Senior Vice President-Division Manager
- Sales Personnel including Regional Sales Managers, Performance Specialists, Wheel and Equipment Sales Specialists, Inside Account Managers, Customer Service Representatives
- Marketing Personnel
- Credit Personnel
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Education: Minimum High School Graduate or GED; Bachelor’s Degree from 4-year college or university preferred
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of sales experience
- Prior experience selling farm, agriculture, industrial, OTR, MTR and trailer tires.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Excellent selling skills including, features-benefits-solutions selling, program selling and problem solving
- Ability to build, communicate and execute a business plan
- Ability to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance along with the ability to calculate and articulate pricing and gross profit multipliers, margin return and mark-up. Ability to calculate sales increase needed to offset a GP% decline.
- Knowledge of current materials, methods, tools, i.e. market analysis, financial and market intelligence tools and equipment (including technology) used in distribution operations
- Excellent presentation skills, excellent face-to-face and telephone communication skills, thorough understanding of principles of marketing and advertising cost-effectiveness, including market sector targeting, product offer development
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions, ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with the ability to articulate the ATD value proposition, ability to create business solutions to customer needs that directly impacting the customer’s bottom line, an understanding of the retail sales process, embrace change, self-starter, energetic, proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Think strategically and innovatively: Identify and act on ideas which further the Company’s strategic goals and business plan.
- Plan and Execute for Success: Identify and address root causes when solving problems. Work collaboratively with other departments and functional teams to coordinate effective solutions, act collaboratively: communicate effectively across teams, functions and departments, communicate clearly and concisely and adjust communication style to improve performance
- Handle all business matters ethically and in full compliance with American Tire Distributors “Code of Conduct”, be Accountable for Results: Assume full responsibility for the consequences of one’s behaviors, decisions and results.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 80+% of the time, travel throughout the geographic area within the assigned region and will require overnight stays. Travel to the Field Support Center and other destinations will be required.
How to Apply: Click on the link to submit an online application