The Facilities Technician is responsible for the general up keep of the two Smith Locations in Portland. 50% of the job is in this role.
- Daily facilities inspection
- Landscape Maintenance
- Water and HVAC filters
- Facilities cleaning supplies and cleaning schedule.
- Restroom supplies and stocking
- Waste Service (trash and recycling)
- Uniform\Linen service
- Forklift Maintenance
- Basic equipment maintenance
The Warehouse Assistant assists in the day to day operations of Warehouse; safely and accurately pulling and preparing orders\shipments for distribution to Smith Tea customers. 50% of the job is in this role.
- Accurately expedite daily shipments as directed by Warehouse Lead
- Capably stock and remove overstock as directed
- Observe and comply with all workplace safety procedures.
- Operate Forklift, electric lifts, and all other machinery competently and safely
- Understand and utilize procedures for shipping with UPS and other carriers
- Proficient in the accuracy of the ‘picking’ and knowledge of Smith Products
- Complete proper procedures to complete bills of lading when required
- Operate use of scanner guns to accurately pick shipments
- Exercise proper picking & stock rotation practices
- Keep accurate records for quality and sanitation programs
- Maintain an organized and clean storage area
Knowledge, Skills, and Position Requirements:
- Forklift Experience (desirable, but not required)
- Machinery, tools, and equipment used: scanning equipment, box knife, calculator, pallet jack, step ladder, forklift, trash dumpsters, broom/mop, hand truck, shrink wrapper, buckets, cans, and hand tools
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, add, subtract, multiply, and divide at a 12th-grade level
- Apt Verbal communication (in person), including fully conversant (speaking, listening), fluent in reading and writing English words and numbers
- Sorting and organizing paperwork; ability to read and compare letters/numbers
- Degree of supervision required: Moderate supervision; must be able to work with some independence
- Must be punctual and maintain a good attendance record.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Physical Requirements: Full-physical mobility is required to the performance of this position. Including: Standing (often); Walking (constant) on concrete; Lifting and Carrying (occasional) 0-60 lbs. at waist level, large bags of tea; Push/Pull (occasional) up to 100 lbs. of force, pallet jack, hand truck, sliding boxes, Operating Controls (often) forklift, shrink wrapper Bend/Stoop/crouch/kneel (frequent) under racks to retrieve materials, goods and pallets ; Reaching (often-frequent), floor to waist, at waist and shoulder level, fully extended; Handle/grasp (constant) all materials and tools.
Job Type: Full-time, $15/hr
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume to Richard Peet, SE Works Manufacturing Liason, at email@example.com