We are now hiring on-call staff to support our wonderful team when we are on vacation or out sick. If you or anyone you know is interested in being a part of a team that loves and cares for the families here, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
These are not regular hours, but would mostly be evenings, overnight, and weekends, but could include weekdays also.
Position: Community of Hope Staff
Hours: Part-time, on call
Compensation: $11.25 per hour
Position open until: until filled
Coordinate resident safety, policy, and interpersonal health.
1. Provide a loving environment where families are welcomed and supported in healing relationships
2. Provide oversight, management and accountability for shelter residents.
3. Initiate disciplinary or corrective action as necessary.
4. Help resolve any conflicts
5. Model and encourage good communication skills
6. Possible oversight during extra classes
Qualifications and preferred characteristics:
1. High school graduate
2. Good verbal and written communication skills: able to communicate effectively with the families and their children, teaching and modeling these skills with them. Able to communicate effectively with the Program Director.
3. Teachable: able to take instructions and learn from mistakes.
4. Compatible: willing to take on the vision of the Community of Hope and implement it, adding to it with her own gifts and insights.
5. Compassionate: able to see beyond the trauma-induced behaviors of the families we serve and be welcoming and encouraging no matter what.
6. Strong boundaries: able to enforce the rules and hold families accountable even when it is challenging.
7. Flexible: willing and able to change to meet changing circumstances of the program and the families involved.
8. Confidentiality: able to talk about confidential matters with whom it is necessary and not with anyone else.
9. Endurance: able to keep going when it is hard or discouraging.
10. A woman of faith: able to be open to God’s grace and to share it with others effectively.
11. Bilingual preferred.
12. Available to work flexible hours.
AllOne Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, or age. AllOne reserves the right to seek, hire and promote persons who support the goals and mission of the institution, including the right to prefer co-religionists.