The City of Portland, Bureau of Emergency Communications is seeking Emergency Communications Dispatcher Trainees to become Senior Emergency Communications Dispatchers for Portland/Multnomah County 9-1-1. Senior Emergency Communications Dispatchers answer/process emergency and non-emergency calls; and dispatch police, fire and medical responders on emergencies. The work is fast paced and rewarding, but often performed under stressful demands for speed and accuracy due to the nature of the work.
- Possess a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of hire.
- Proof of typing speed (online test) of at least 40 Net Words Per Minutes (WPM).
- Meet all the requirements indicated in the supplemental questions.
- Provide thoughtful responses to Supplemental Questions 1-6.
- Pass a comprehensive background investigation.
Salary: $22.80-$26.41 Hourly
Opening Date: 3/5/18
Closing Date: 3/26/18
To APPLY and read more about the process, click here
Position #2018-00204 and Emergency Communications Dispatcher Trainee