St Johns Ace Hardware in North Portland is looking for Hardware Store Team Members.
We strive to be "the most helpful hardware store on the planet" and we are looking for individuals that will help us achieve that goal. We invite highly motivated, team-focused individuals to apply for this position.
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Maintain a great attitude throughout the day with customers, peers and supervisors
- Merchandise product and maintain displays
- Inventory control
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with hardware, tools, paint, plumbing, or electrical a MUST!
- Knowledge of Stihl Power Tools or Small engines a PLUS!
- Construction/Building/Contracting experience preferred
- Must possess a positive, upbeat, and professional demeanor
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize
- Strong problem solving skills
- High energy - self-motivated
- Must be available for weekends, week nights, holidays,flexible daily scheduling
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED, or related experience
- Retail or customer service experience preferred
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office and/or POS
- Hardware store experience preferred
- Small engine repair a plus
- Ability to safely lift and handle a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand approximately 90% of the workday
- Ability to reach, bend, kneel, and climb to perform work related tasks throughout the day
Apply in person, with resume, and specifically reference this job posting.
St Johns Hardware
7825 N Lombard St
Portland, OR 97203