Company Description: Fang! Pet & Garden Supply is located in the Kenton neighborhood. We are a locally owned, neighborhood pet supply and garden center focused on healthy, practical, and affordable products for cats, dogs, chickens, small animals and reptiles. In our spring and summertime outside garden center we offer seeds, soil, vegetable, herb starts and native plant. Inside we offer a large selection of houseplants year round! We aim to provide a fun, positive atmosphere and opportunities for people interested in a healthy and holistic approach to animal care and plants. We offer competitive wages, PTO, and discounts on products to all employees. Health benefits are offered to employees working 30 hours or more.
Key Responsibilities: We have a part time and full time position available and are looking for outgoing, experienced retail sales associate to work approximately 15-25 hours part time and up to 40 hours a week full time, flexibility in scheduling is required. These positions have room to grow with the right person. Due to the level of training required, we request a 1+ year commitment, and require a minimum of 2 years experience in a high volume, customer focused retail environment. The ideal candidate must be able to multi-task and have a passion for animals and plants. Experience in the pet industry and/or nursery industry is strongly preferred, but not required.
• Exceptional customer service skills and at least 2 years retail sales experience
• Ability to self-motivate, take initiative & multi-task
• Love of approaching & helping people and/or pets; excels at building customer relationships
• Patient at all times, no matter the circumstance
• Ability to maintain a positive and happy attitude
• Excellent communication skills; including knowing when to ask for help
• Responsible, reliable and punctual
• Able to regularly lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Available to work weekends, evenings and holidays
• Knowledgeable about holistic methods and approaches to prevent/treat chronic health issues in pets
• Experience with herbs, supplements and pet food diets (especially raw food)
Qualifications: Do you take photos of your houseplants or garden and post them online?
Do you go out of the way to make sure your cat is also in the photo with your plants?
Do you spend more time looking at the ingredient panel on your dogs food then you do your own to make sure they get the best food possible?
Do you follow more animals then people on Instagram?
Would you like a job in an industry that sees these things as a positive?
If you answered YES to any of these questions we want you to know Fang! is hiring for a part time and full time sales associate position. All we need from you, and this part is VERY IMPORTANT, is a cover letter telling us why you would be the perfect person to join our team and a copy of your resume.
Salary/Wage: Starting $12 - $12.50 or DOE
Contact Name: Jeremy Harris
Contact Email Address: Info@fangpetgardensupply.com
Application Open Until: 4/15/2018
How to Apply: To apply for your dream job, please send us a cover letter telling us what position you are interested in, part or full time and why you would be the perfect candidate. Please also include a copy of your resume. Only applicants that include a cover letter will be considered. We are excited to hear from you!