Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Key Responsibilities: This position accomplishes the organizational objectives by manufacturing, packaging and shipping quality brushes and rollers in a safe manner.
Major tasks include:
• Advocate & practice the principals of the safety program.
• Participate in Plant safety committee meetings and activities
• Use computers to enter data for work associated tasks
• Operate manufacturing equipment
• Operate packaging equipment
• Operate fork-lifts (as applicable per position)
• Loading and unloading of trucks with finished goods (as applicable per position)
• Monitor quality of product in manufacturing and packaging areas
• Reading and following instructions in all areas of the production floor; manufacturing, packaging, shipping, receiving, etc.
• Participate in house keeping activities that are indicative of a safe and clutter free work environment
Physical requirements include:
• Ability to use both arms, wrists and hands for grasping, reaching, and fine manipulation at the waist to chest height.
• Continuous use of hands and arms.
• Lifting of packaging and raw materials up to 25 (and occasionally 50) pounds
• Frequent twisting at the waist.
• Work can be done sitting or standing.
Must be able to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English
Must have the legal right to work in the country of employment without needing sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must have access to reliable transportation
Must be able to work overtime with or without reasonable accommodation
The successful candidate must also pass a pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
One year of experience working with machinery in a manufacturing environment
Experience with fine manipulation (such as sewing, cutting hair or related activities)
Experience in an environment where you rotated from department to department
Experience monitoring quality of raw materials or finished goods
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.
Salary/Wage: wages start at $12 or 12.50/hour
Application Open Until: 3/31/2018
How to Apply: go to www.sherwin.com/portland to apply. Select Production Worker.