Bikram Yoga St. Johns is an independent, local family owned and operated hot yoga school, home to a welcoming community of yoga students representing all ages, shapes, sizes, backgrounds and walks of life! We offer a full schedule of 90-minute Bikram hot yoga beginners classes, 7 days a week. In May we'll be adding childcare for a couple of classes, too!
What really sets us apart is the superduper high level of customer service (both in and out of class!) we provide to everyone who visits us. We are very picky about who we hire and expect awesomeness from our staff at all times! Check out what our students say about us on Google, Facebook and Yelp by searching "Bikram Yoga St. Johns"...
Key Responsibilities: BYSJ's Studio Assistant plays a key role in cultivating great relationships with our students and making our yoga school a place where everyone loves to be. You'll be the friendly face that greets newbies and regulars alike and sets the tone for a positive experience at every visit! You will also help us with various tasks "behind the scenes" so that the owners can focus our energies on other aspects of the business.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Greeting & assisting clients & potential clients in person & via phone
· Open & close studio as needed
· Sign in students & enter data using Mindbody software (training provided)
· Sell yoga passes, memberships and retail via cash, check or credit card
· Light cleaning & laundry
· Handle general inquiries, account requests and questions
· Communicating with clients & staff via phone, text, email & in person
· Assisting studio owners/managers/instructors as needed
· Maintaining our high standard of cleanliness & tidiness
· Monthly scheduling of cleaning crew
· Training of "karma yoga" cleaners
· Pickup and installing kombucha kegs
· Extra support at special events
· Social media
· Have been practicing Bikram hot yoga continuously for a minimum of 3 months
· Love Bikram yoga and want to share it with everyone!
· Enjoy working as part of a team but just as comfortable working alone
· Be able to remain cheerful and kind, even when you are having a hard day
· Honesty & integrity
· Comfortable using a computer
· Live within 5 miles of the studio
· Access to reliable vehicle (for transporting kombucha kegs)
· Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
· Experience working in customer service.
· BONUS if you have experience in retail, sales, yoga, fitness, and/or health industry
· BONUS if you are familiar with Mindbody software
Salary/Wage: $14/hour + yoga!
Contact Name: Kay Dover
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Open Until: 6/1/2018. This position begins June 2018!
How to Apply: Serious applicants ONLY. Thank you so much for respecting our time and energy!
*Email resume accompanied by a cover letter explaining what special skills or experiences make you who we're looking for!
*Please no phone calls or drop-ins.
If you have never tried Bikram yoga, start practicing regularly with us now (first month only $29 with the mention of this posting) and we may consider you for the job in June!