Hollywood Farmers Market (HFM) is seeking an energetic and motivated person to coordinate and implement weekly POP Club kids’ activities at the Hollywood Farmers Market, every Saturday from June 9, 2018 through September 1, 2018.
The Kids Program Coordinator will assist HFM year-round staff in planning and organizing weekly activities, and will be responsible for leading activities at the market assisted by rotating volunteers. This is an hourly, part-time position lasting from May 28th to September 7th, with approximately 10 hours per week (hours may vary). This includes a 5-hour shift on Saturdays from 8am to 1pm (June 9th through September 1st), as well as flexible time during the week for planning and organizing. Responsibilities include:
- Planning fun & educational children’s activities according to program budget
- Interacting with children and adults in an engaging and respectful manner
- Maintaining POP Club cards for participating children
- Setting up and breaking down activity booth, with assistance from volunteers
- Experience working with youth in a formal or informal educational context, particularly ages 5-12
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An interest in agriculture, seasonal produce, community food systems and/or farmers markets
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment with frequent distractions
- Patience, adaptability, enthusiasm, and a good sense of humor
- Able to pass background check
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Must be available from 8am to 1pm each Saturday from June 9th to September 1st.
Position start date: Monday, May 28th
Position end date: Friday, September 7th
Reports to: Hollywood Farmers Market Coordinator
To apply please send resume and cover letter to Ari Rosner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until 5pm on Monday, April 30th.
To see the full job description, click here