Retail Merchandising and Training Specialist
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
The primary responsibility of the Retail Merchandising and Training Specialist is improvement in tire sales productivity through delivery of effective training, merchandising, and event support to Corporate Accounts to drive company sales growth. The RTMS will report to the Manager – Corporate Accounts, who in turn, reports to the Director of Sales – Corporate Accounts.
- Achieve productivity goals by making daily visits to assigned accounts and assisting with training, merchandising assistance, consultation, etc.
- Present current ordering opportunities to key retailers. Train them on current websites, ordering procedures, etc. Understand and share relevant programs available to accounts
- Develop tire retailing capabilities of assigned key retailers.
- Develop new business opportunities by working with district management personnel in the field.
- Develop account strategies to increase sales (tent sales, training events, contests, incentive programs, etc.)
- Employ business development tools (including Professional Selling Skills) as provided by the Company
- Solve customer relations problems relating to any account activity
- Keep accurate and timely records of key contacts and field activity with CRM tools provided by the Company
- Gather business intelligence and share with field partners and field support center partners
- Develop and nurture contacts with tire manufacturer representatives within the territory
- Attain call frequency objectives for each location as assigned.
- Satisfactory scores on post call surveys. In addition, the RMTS will be evaluated during supervisor ride along visits.
- Must master the business development tools (e.g. PSS, CRM, proprietary web portals) as assessed by Training Facilitators.
- Demonstrate, maintain, and sustain proper use of the business development tools as assessed in-market by the Manager-Corporate Accounts.
- Understand and convey the elements of each of the corporate accounts programs to assigned accounts as assessed by the Managers – Corporate Accounts.
To APPLY and see the full job description, click here