Barista Positions with Nossa Familia
The role: Nossa Familia is seeking 4-5 part- & full-time baristas for our upcoming Seven Corners Café (SE 20th & Division), and our Central Eastside Café (SE 3rd & Clay), both with minor food prep.
Classification: Hourly, non-exempt
Anticipated Hours: 20-35+/week
Wage: $11.25 + tips
Benefits: Retirement, PTO, health care, supplemental/dental pre-tax, paid holidays, alternative commuting benefits, paid parental leave, paid volunteer hours, free coffee
As a Barista, your job will include:
- Producing the best coffee drinks in town!
- Wow-ing the customer with perfectly-extracted espresso, perfectly-textured milk, and beautiful latte art.
- Being excitable and personable when interacting with our customers. We ONLY want the friendliest baristas in town!
- Being knowledgeable (or teachable) about specialty coffee, and excited to educate our customers on flavor and origin.
- Being diligent in accurately processing transactions.
- Willingness to work up to 9 hours per day (typical days will be in the 4-8 hour range)
- Ability to lift 50lbs (infrequently) and ability to remain standing and stationary for extended periods of time may be necessary.
- Other duties as directed by supervisors and manager
- Passion for specialty coffee, community, sustainability, and Nossa Familia's business as a whole.
- Barista experience highly preferred, but we are willing to train the right person
- Proficient in making quick decisions, critical thinking, and a sense of independence in the workplace
- Pride in quality of product, quality of service, and cleanliness of environment--unwavering in this regard.
- Highly professional and organized.
- Able to follow directions and comfortable with accountability.
- Driver’s license and clean driving record may be necessary.
- Food Handler's Card
Note, there is limited parking at most of our locations - employees are encouraged to bike commute or use public transit.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume and complete the following personality assessment, http://erep.com/e/40503/job/. Applications without all parts will be immediately discarded. Your cover letter should explicitly address the barista position.
Any questions should be directed to Geoff at nossacoffee.com. Please apply through Poached.