Childcare Toddler Teacher at Discovery Gardens
As a community-based education program, Discovery Gardens pledges to provide a safe, diverse, enthusiastic inclusive learning environment, where the number one focus is meeting the individual needs of each child, while providing support for our families.
1. Provide supervision of children and facilities.
2. Design and lead a variety of activities for children, including outdoor time as well as sensory activities, fine and gross motor developmental activities to promote advancement.
3. Instruct, role model and provide positive social skills and behavior as per programs philosophy and policies.
4. All Teachers will provide program/facility upkeep and general cleaning/organization of rooms.
5. Maintain assessments of children development, social emotional and cognitive.
6. Communicate with parents, host parent conferences 2 times a year and meet state preschool standards.
Qualifications: You must be current on the Oregon Criminal Registry database to proceed to the interview process. Please include that number on your resume or cover letter.
- Child CPR and First Aid in infant and adult, Standard Certification.
- Food Handlers Permit OR the ability to obtain within first 15-days of employment.
- Must be willing to complete a minimum of 25 hours required trainings during non-work hours.
- Be At Least 18 years of Age.
- Ability to directly and respectfully communicate needs and concerns to Supervisor and fellow program staff.
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours a week, hours somewhat negotiable.
Salary/Wage: 12.25 - 15.50 Dependent on experience.
Application Open Until: 7/31/2019
How to Apply: Call Roberto at 971-400-8212 or
Any additional information:: Interviews will be offered to qualified applicants immediately.
Please note on your Cover Letter your enrollment in the criminal history registry for CCD.
Wages based upon your experience with children.
To find out if you are currently registered, call 800-556-6616.
If you are not currently registered but wish to be, please visit: