Community of Hope is hiring a part time Program Assistant in St. Johns. $16.50/hr at 20 hours a week with the potential to go full time after 6 months.
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Community of Hope seeks to fill a mid-level program assistant position. The assistant will be responsible for administrative and programmatic oversight.
Duties may include:
● Establishing a loving environment where families are welcomed and supported in healing
● Providing relational oversight, management, and accountability for shelter residents
● Mediating conflict resolution
● Initiating disciplinary or corrective action as necessary
● Modeling and encouraging effective communication skills
● Teaching classes
● Providing case management and referrals
● Developing a program for childhood trauma recovery
● Developing a program for following-up with residents after they move out
● Supervision and training of staff and volunteers
● Administrative tasks such as receiving, recording, and processing donations; maintaining receipts
Community of Hope exists to empower homeless single-parent families to cultivate hope, healing, and stability while living in a safe, supportive environment. Community of Hope began as a collaborative effort by the Church in North Portland in the spring of 2012 and has since grown to have the capacity to serve up to eight families at a time. That means that in the year between September 2017 through August 2018 40 families called Hope House home. Our program is 100% referral based and while we accept families from all around the Metro area, because place and stability matter, preference is given to North Portland families. Building on the inherent strengths of families, our staff provides holistic, trauma-informed care to empower parents to hold a job, manage finances, steer clear of addictions, develop positive relationships, grow in parenting skills, and make healthy life choices, all in the context of beautiful, messy community life
To read the full job description and apply, click here>>> Position closes at 5 pm on January 21st, 2019.