Machine Operator - Ajinomoto Foods and ATFN - Portland, OR
Location: 7124 N. Marine Dr., 6500 N. Marine Dr., Portland, OR 97203 USA
Company Description: Ajinomoto Foods North America is a leading frozen foods company, committed to providing nutritious and delicious meals globally. With a rich history of diverse ethnic brands, our brands have become household favorites all across America.
Salary/Wage: $15.50/hour plus a 50¢ shift differential for swing shift
See below for more information. To apply, click here.
Ajinomoto Foods - Portland and ATFN (Ajinomoto Toyo Frozen Noodles) make Asian frozen food products such as potstickers, rice, fried rice, Asian dumplings, rice and ramen bowls.
Key Responsibilities: • Effectively and efficiently perform the safe operation of various machinery in the areas of set-up, troubleshooting and break down during operation.
• In a timely manner, set up, start-up and break down during the beginning and end of all production shifts.
• Must demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot effectively in order to minimize Production down time.
• Regularly make adjustments necessary to maximize production machine efficiency. Must be able and willing to communicate all improvements to all team members and key departments.
• Reduce downtime by actively identifying mechanical issues which have the potential for machine breakdown or downtime and reports to Leads and/or Supervisors.
• May be required to operate other equipment necessary in the production process.
• Practice and follow all GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) at all times during production.
• Strictly follow GMP’s by changing gloves which have become soiled, changing hair nets and beard/face masks when leaving or returning from breaks. Change gloves when coming in contact with product which has fallen on floor. Change smocks when leaving or returning from lunch or break periods.
• Report to Line Leads or Supervisor when you observe food safety concerns regarding the unsafe handling of products and machinery.
• Always maintain a high standard of cleanliness in reference to Good Housekeeping Procedures.
Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED preferred. Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to communicate with leadership and team - . Basic math skills required. Basic English skills required, but need not be fluent, enough to get by. Prior food manufacturing experience a plus, but not required.
Contact Name: Tai Nguyen
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Application Open Until: 6/30/2019
How to Apply: You may apply in person at 7124 N. Marine Dr. or 6500 N. Marine Dr. or online at https://careers-ajinomotofoods.icims.com/jobs/search?