On Call Staff - Community of Hope - Portland, OR
Community of Hope is a program for homeless single parent families. We provide shelter, classes, mentoring, and community life for 4-6 months while families heal from past trauma, build skills, and find stable jobs and homes.
See below for job description. To apply email Linda Jo with Resume and cover letter telling why you want to work here. email@example.com
Key Responsibilities: Coordinate resident safety, policy, and interpersonal health.
Provide a loving environment where families are welcomed and supported in healing relationships
Provide oversight, management and accountability for shelter residents.
Initiate disciplinary or corrective action as necessary.
Help resolve any conflicts
Model and encourage good communication skills
1. High school graduate
2. Good verbal and written communication skills: able to communicate effectively with the families and their children, teaching and modeling these skills with them. Able to communicate effectively with the Program Director.
3. Teachable: able to take instructions and learn from mistakes.
4. Compatible: willing to take on the vision of the Community of Hope and implement it, adding to it with her own gifts and insights.
5. Compassionate: able to see beyond the trauma-induced behaviors of the families we serve and be welcoming and encouraging no matter what.
6. Strong boundaries: able to enforce the rules and hold families accountable even when it is challenging.
7. Flexible: willing and able to change to meet changing circumstances of the program and the families involved.
8. Confidentiality: able to talk about confidential matters with whom it is necessary and not with anyone else.
9. Endurance: able to keep going when it is hard or discouraging.
10. A person of faith: able to be open to God’s grace and to share it with others effectively.
11. Bilingual and/or culturally specific preferred.
12. Available to work flexible hours.
Contact Name: Linda Jo Devlaeminck
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Open Until: 3/30/2019