Safety and Compliance Coordinator/Officer - NW Navigator Luxury - Full-time
General Purpose: Manages the safety program for two locations. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations, company policy and client contract. Responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below.
Hours: Full-time, flexible hours. Overtime as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities below. Go HERE to apply.
• Administers driver hiring and compliance process
• Provides direction and guidance to location trainers.
• Investigates incidents, accidents, and work-related injuries including accident investigation, accident reports, accident files, accident register, and follows up with the claims office and adjusters as necessary. Typically determines fault or preventability based on the facts identified at the scene. Provides post-accident counseling with drivers. Retrains drivers as necessary.
• Prepares and submits accident-related compliance forms, maintains files, and enters in DMO, or otherwise submits data to appropriate person or organization.
• Plans, schedules and conducts monthly safety meetings based on region and company safety and safety training goals and objectives. Assists and participates in Safety Action Team meetings. Sets up regular accident review committees to determine preventability of accidents.
• High school diploma or equivalent. May consider degree in Criminal Justice as full or partial replacement for work experience requirement.
• 2+ years transportation, safety or related experience and Current Commercial Driver License (CDL) with Passenger Endorsement
• Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations regarding safety and environmental issues, preferably in the transportation industry and with Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations
• Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and electronic log programs
• Ability to clearly and professionally speak and create business documents and other written communication; and relational communication skills, with ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels including drivers, customers, senior management, client representatives, union officials and general public
• Able to pass a post-offer, pre-hire criminal background check required
• Able to pass a post-offer, pre-hire drug screen, including for marijuana - Randoms as required