Marine Drafter - Gunderson - Full-time
General Position Summary below, apply here.
• Assist Engineers to design vessel structure, piping, machinery, and outfitting details.
• Develop 2D/3D AutoCAD detail drawings.
• Assist in providing part details, nesting plans, and CNC coding for the burning alley.
Primary Responsibilities and Training Needs:
• Prepare or revise engineering drawings in accordance with the marked-up prints, sketches, or verbal instructions provided by senior staff.
• Create multiple view drawings with appropriate details and section views, dimensions, and tolerances per department drafting standards.
• Create 3D models and assembly drawings.
Specific Job Skills:
• Drawings and bills of material are accurate and finished on time.
• Drawings are in compliance with department drafting standards.
• Have good work ethics and good attendance record.
Required Education and/or Experience:
•Community College graduate with an Associate degree in Drafting required. A four year degree with previous CAD training/experience is a plus.
• A minimum of two years AutoCAD drafting experience. Knowledge of using ShipConstructor or other 3D modeling software will be a plus.
• Marine industry experience is not required but will be considered a plus.
•Experience with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, MS Project
• Have good verbal and writing communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled