Director of Development - Habitat for Humanity Metro/East - Full-time
Every day in our City, low-income, hardworking families struggle to find affordable places to live. Rapidly rising rents force these families to live in unsafe, unhealthy and crowded conditions. Families often have to move once or twice a year in search of rents that stay within their reach. For communities of color, the impacts are even more pronounced. Today in Portland, only three in 10 households of color own their own home, and the average African American, Latino and Native American household is no longer able to afford to rent or buy a home anywhere inside our city.
Job description and instructions on how to apply are outlined below. Go here to see the Habitat for Humanity Metro/East website.
· - Form and lead the affiliate’s 3-year fundraising plan that supports the organization’s overall 5-year strategic plan
· - Oversee budget development and management, leading the team to successfully meet a $5 million fundraising goal.
· - Manage a 30 to 50-person portfolio of principal supporters and prospects and work closely with CEO, Board of Directors and VP of Resource Development on key fundraising initiatives.
· - Structure and implement leadership giving clubs -- Home Sponsor program, Cornerstone Society, and Legacy Society.
· - Ensure the success and growth of two signature fundraising events
· - Foster a culture of gratitude that ensures supporters at the annual fund and major gift levels are cultivated, nurtured and treated in a donor-centric fashion.
· - Work in partnership with Habitat for Humanity International, Habitat for Humanity of Oregon and other affiliates to develop multi-site, regional and national sponsors.
· - Supervise four direct reports: two Donor Relations Officers; one Development Manager focused on individual giving and one Development Coordinator focused on foundation grants and events.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Minimum 7 years of progressive fundraising experience with at least 3 years of proven success in major gift work
- Experience and success in supervising and motivating a team of direct reports
- Strategic thinking with ability to execute a plan
- Excellent public speaking and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people of all socio-economic backgrounds
- Interest in working cross-departmentally to achieve goals
- Experience with manipulating data and an understanding of database software
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Proficient in Raiser’s Edge software
- Successful grant writing experience
Employment is contingent on passing a background check.
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FOLLOW THE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS JOB ADVERTISEMENT ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB WILL BE CONSIDERED