Micro Promotional Grants
The Micro Promotional Grant program will provide approximately $2,200 in matching funds to businesses in St. Johns. Each applicant will be eligible for up to $500 in funding to support business promotional efforts. St. Johns Center for Opportunity will administer funding between now and the end of April 2019, on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Types of projects that we might fund:
- Advertisements such as billboards or print ads
- Customer incentive programs (think Supportland or Little Boxes – you can create your own too)
- District maps or brochures
- Guerrilla marketing
Pojects that we fund should align with one or more of our priorities:
- Foster collaboration among multiple businesses
- Attract people from the greater Portland area to St. Johns
- Capitalize on existing large-scale events in the neighborhood (i.e., the St. Johns Bizarre, St. Johns Parade, St. Johns Farmers Market)
Also, we are really interested in funding promotional efforts that do not include an event component. We are open to funding innovative and collaborative promotional events, but feel like our neighborhood is fairly event-heavy as is.
Who can apply for a grant:
Any small business owner who runs a business in St. Johns may apply for funding. However, more than one business must be included on the application (with a minimum of 2 businesses). While the primary applicant must be based in St. Johns, the other participating businesses do not need to be based here. We encourage cross-promotional efforts with other business districts.