WE'RE LOOKING FOR NEW BOARD MEMBERS
Who: We are looking for collaborative, thoughtful, and committed community leaders who are interested in helping us to build our organization, strengthen our neighborhood, and have some fun doing so! Our organization is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion and we welcome applications from community members who share these values.
What: Apply to serve as a board member on the St. Johns Center for Opportunity board of directors. We are currently looking for 5-6 new board members to join our team.
When: Applications are open now through Tuesday, May 30th at 12 noon. New board members would start at our July board meeting scheduled for Wednesday, July 26th, 2017.
Where: Serve in St. Johns - your community!
Why: The St. Johns Center for Opportunity is working to strengthen the St. Johns and Cathedral Park neighborhoods through people-centered economic development and community building. We need a team of passionate community leaders to help propel us closer to our vision of ensuring that all community members have access to affordable housing, benefit from economic opportunity, and are civically engaged in the community.
Board Member Responsibilities:
Becoming a board member for the St. Johns Center for Opportunity is an honor and a responsibility. Here is a general list of board member expectations:
1. Serve on the board for a period of two years.
2. Attend the following meetings/events (about 10-20 hrs per month):
- Board Meetings – monthly (4th Wednesdays in the evenings)
- Board Committee Meetings - monthly (scheduled by the committee chair)
- Annual Retreat – January (two days)
- Annual fundraiser - April
- Other organizational events
3. Participate in fundraising! Give and or get $150 each fiscal year
- Applications due on Tuesday, May 30th at 12 noon. Fill out the form below or complete the hard copy of our application and turn it in at our office (8250 N Lombard Street).
- You will be notified if you have been selected to move on to the interview round by Wednesday, May 31st.
- Interviews begin on June 1st and go through June 9th, 2017.
- The current board makes final selections and notifies candidates by Friday, June 16th.